All our Teak is guaranteed sustainable Plantation Teak from Indonesia, where Teak is not an indigenous species and therefore can only be from Plantations. We can also supply all documentation to prove that our teak has been purchased through the Indonesian Forestry Commission “Perum Perhutani” which follows the age old tradition of planting at least two saplings for every Teak tree felled.

It should also be noted that a number of the top suppliers of the softwood gazebo’s claim only 70% of the wood from sustainable sources, which begs the question of where the other 30% comes from!

 The thatch material is actually a South African Reed where harvesting promotes further growth making it an ideal sustainable material.











Said healey, a senior research scholar click this right over here now at sipa